NBR060 series adopts an integrated design of sun gear and input shaft, integrated design of output structure, and increased right-angle design for more flexible installation and space-saving. The product has the characteristics of high load, high precision, and low noise, focusing on the use of automation equipment, various types of packaging, printing, lithium-ion, LCD, robot, palletizers, woodworking, doors, windows, and other industry sectors.
Product Name: High Precision Planetary Gearbox
Product Series: NBR060 Series
Product features: high precision, high load, low noise, high flexibility, space saving.
Integrated design concept with high strength bearings ensure the product itself is durable and efficient
A variety of output ideas such as shaft output, flange and gear are available.
1 arc minute ≤ backlash ≤ 3 arc minutes
Reduction ratios ranging from 3 to 100
Frame design: increases torque and optimises power transmission
Optimised selection of oil seals: reduces friction and laminate transmission efficiency
Protection class IP65
Warranty: 2 years
|Rated output torque
|Emergency stop torque
|Three times of Maximum Output Torque
|Rated input speed
|Max input speed
|20000(10000 under continuous operation)
Packaging Machinery Mechanical Hand Textile Machinery
Non Standard automation Machine Tool Printing Equipment
|Motor, Machinery, Marine, Agricultural Machinery
|Hardened Tooth Surface
Role of Planetary Gearboxes in Powertrain Systems of Electric and Hybrid Vehicles
Planetary gearboxes play a critical role in the powertrain systems of both electric and hybrid vehicles, contributing to their efficiency and performance:
Electric Motor Integration: In electric vehicles (EVs) and hybrid vehicles, planetary gearboxes are commonly used to connect the electric motor to the drivetrain. They enable torque and speed transformation, ensuring the motor’s output is suitable for the vehicle’s desired speed range and load conditions.
Torque Splitting in Hybrids: Hybrid vehicles often have both an internal combustion engine (ICE) and an electric motor. Planetary gearboxes enable torque splitting between the two power sources, optimizing their combined performance for various driving scenarios, such as electric-only mode, hybrid mode, and regenerative braking.
Regenerative Braking: Planetary gearboxes facilitate regenerative braking in electric and hybrid vehicles. They enable the electric motor to function as a generator, converting kinetic energy into electrical energy during deceleration. This energy can then be stored in the vehicle’s battery for later use.
Compact Design: Planetary gearboxes offer a compact design with a high power density, making them suitable for the limited space available in electric and hybrid vehicles. This compactness allows manufacturers to maximize interior space and accommodate battery packs, drivetrain components, and other systems.
Efficient Power Distribution: The unique arrangement of planetary gears allows for efficient power distribution and torque management. This is particularly important in electric and hybrid powertrains, where optimal power allocation between different components contributes to overall efficiency.
CVT Functionality: Some hybrid vehicles incorporate Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) functionality using planetary gearsets. This enables seamless and efficient transitions between various gear ratios, improving the driving experience and enhancing fuel efficiency.
Performance Modes: Planetary gearboxes facilitate the implementation of different performance modes in electric and hybrid vehicles. These modes, such as “Sport” or “Eco,” adjust the power distribution and gear ratios to optimize performance or energy efficiency based on the driver’s preferences.
Reduction Gear for Electric Motors: Electric motors often operate at high speeds and require reduction gearing to match the vehicle’s requirements. Planetary gearboxes provide the necessary gear reduction while maintaining efficiency and torque output.
Efficient Torque Transfer: Planetary gearboxes ensure efficient transfer of torque from the power source to the wheels, resulting in smooth acceleration and responsive performance in electric and hybrid vehicles.
Integration with Energy Storage: Planetary gearboxes contribute to the integration of energy storage systems, such as lithium-ion batteries, by efficiently connecting the power source to the drivetrain while managing power delivery and regeneration.
In summary, planetary gearboxes are integral components of the powertrain systems in electric and hybrid vehicles. They enable efficient power distribution, torque transformation, regenerative braking, and various driving modes, contributing to the overall performance, efficiency, and sustainability of these vehicles.
Signs of Wear or Damage in Planetary Gearboxes and Recommended Service
Planetary gearboxes, like any mechanical component, can exhibit signs of wear or damage over time. Recognizing these signs is crucial for timely maintenance to prevent further issues. Here are some common signs of wear or damage in planetary gearboxes:
1. Unusual Noise: Excessive noise, grinding, or whining sounds during operation can indicate worn or misaligned gear teeth. Unusual noise is often a clear indicator that something is wrong within the gearbox.
2. Increased Vibration: Excessive vibration or shaking during operation can result from misalignment, damaged bearings, or worn gears. Vibration can lead to further damage if not addressed promptly.
3. Gear Tooth Wear: Inspect gear teeth for signs of wear, pitting, or chipping. These issues can result from improper lubrication, overload, or other operational factors. Damaged gear teeth can affect the gearbox’s efficiency and performance.
4. Oil Leakage: Leakage of gearbox oil or lubricant can indicate a faulty seal or gasket. Oil leakage not only leads to reduced lubrication but can also cause environmental contamination and further damage to the gearbox components.
5. Temperature Increase: A significant rise in operating temperature can suggest increased friction due to wear or inadequate lubrication. Monitoring temperature changes can help identify potential issues early.
6. Reduced Efficiency: If you notice a decrease in performance, such as decreased torque output or inconsistent speed, it could indicate internal damage to the gearbox components.
7. Abnormal Gear Ratios: If the output speed or torque does not match the expected gear ratio, it could be due to gear wear, misalignment, or other issues affecting the gear engagement.
8. Frequent Maintenance Intervals: If you find that you need to service the gearbox more frequently than usual, it could be a sign that the gearbox is experiencing excessive wear or damage.
When to Service: If any of the above signs are observed, it’s important to address them promptly. Regular maintenance checks are also recommended to detect potential issues early and prevent more significant problems. Scheduled maintenance should include inspections, lubrication checks, and replacement of worn or damaged components.
It’s advisable to consult the gearbox manufacturer’s guidelines for recommended service intervals and practices. Regular maintenance can extend the lifespan of the planetary gearbox and ensure it continues to operate efficiently and reliably.
Examples of High Torque and Compact Design Applications for Planetary Gearboxes
Planetary gearboxes excel in applications where high torque output and a compact design are essential. Here are some scenarios where these characteristics are crucial:
- Automotive Transmissions: In modern vehicles, planetary gearboxes are used in automatic transmissions to efficiently transmit engine power to the wheels. The compact size of planetary gearboxes allows for integration within the limited space of a vehicle’s transmission housing.
- Robotics: Planetary gearboxes are utilized in robotic arms and joints, where compactness is essential to maintain the robot’s overall size while providing the necessary torque for precise and controlled movement.
- Conveyor Systems: Conveyor belts in industries like material handling and manufacturing often require high torque to move heavy loads. The compact design of planetary gearboxes allows them to be integrated into the conveyor system’s framework.
- Wind Turbines: Wind turbine applications demand high torque to convert low wind speeds into sufficient rotational force for power generation. The compact design of planetary gearboxes helps optimize space within the turbine’s nacelle.
- Construction Machinery: Heavy equipment used in construction, such as excavators and loaders, rely on planetary gearboxes to provide the necessary torque for digging and lifting operations without adding excessive weight to the machinery.
- Marine Propulsion: Planetary gearboxes play a crucial role in marine propulsion systems by efficiently transmitting high torque from the engine to the propeller shaft. The compact design is particularly important in the limited space of a ship’s engine room.
These examples highlight the significance of planetary gearboxes in applications where both high torque output and a compact footprint are vital considerations. Their ability to deliver efficient torque conversion within a small space makes them well-suited for a wide range of industries and machinery.
editor by CX 2023-09-11