Precision planetary gear reducer is a new-generation of product developed by our company, with a compromise of advanced technology both at home and abroad, its main features are as follows:
1. Low noise: under 65db.
2. Low backlash: within 3 arcmin.
3. High efficiency: 97% for 1 stage, 94% for 2 stages.
4. High input speed: Rated input speed 3000rpm, max input speed 6000 rpm.
5. High output torque: higher torque output than that of conventional planetary gear reducer.
6. High stability hardening,which extends gear service life and maintain high accuracy as new after a long period of operation.
Precicion planetary gear reducer is widely used in the following fields:
1. Aerospace industries.
2. Medical health, electronic information industries.
3. Industrial robots, productin automation, CNC machine tool manufacturing industries.
4. Motor,textile,printing,food,metallurgical,envrironment protection engineering, warehouse logistics industries.
About Xingda since 1984
HangZhou Melchizedek Import & Export Co., Ltd. is a leader manufactur in mechanism field and punching/stamp
ing field since 1984. Our main product, NMRV worm gear speed reducer and series helical gearbox, XDR,
XDF, XDK, XDShave reached the advanced technique index of the congeneric European and Janpanese produc
ts, We offer standard gears, sprockets, chains, pulleys, couplings, bushes and so on. We also can accept orders
of non-standard products, such as gears, shafts, punching parts ect, according to customers’ Drawings or sam-
Our company has complete set of equipment including CNC, lathes, milling machines, gear hobbing machine, g-
ear grinding machine, gear honing machine, gear shaping machine, worm grinder, grinding machines, drilling m-
achines, boringmachines, planer, drawing benches, punches, hydraulic presses, plate shearing machines and s-
o on. We have advanced testing equipments also.
Our company has established favorable cooperation relationships with sub-suppliers involving casting, raw mat-
erial, heat treatment, surface finishing and so on.
|Hardened Tooth Surface
|Planetary Gear Reducer
Concept of Coaxial and Parallel Shaft Arrangements in Planetary Gearboxes
Coaxial and parallel shaft arrangements refer to the orientation of the input and output shafts in a planetary gearbox:
- Coaxial Shaft Arrangement: In this arrangement, the input and output shafts are aligned along the same axis, with one shaft passing through the center of the other. This design results in a compact and space-efficient gearbox, making it suitable for applications with limited space. Coaxial planetary gearboxes are commonly used in scenarios where the gearbox needs to be integrated into a compact housing or enclosure.
- Parallel Shaft Arrangement: In a parallel shaft arrangement, the input and output shafts are positioned parallel to each other but not on the same axis. Instead, they are offset from each other. This configuration allows for greater flexibility in designing the layout of the gearbox and the surrounding machinery. Parallel shaft planetary gearboxes are often used in applications where the spatial arrangement requires the input and output shafts to be positioned in different locations.
The choice between a coaxial and parallel shaft arrangement depends on factors such as available space, mechanical requirements, and the desired layout of the overall system. Coaxial arrangements are advantageous when space is limited, while parallel arrangements offer more design flexibility for accommodating various spatial constraints.
Signs of Wear or Damage in Planetary Gearboxes and Recommended Service
Planetary gearboxes, like any mechanical component, can exhibit signs of wear or damage over time. Recognizing these signs is crucial for timely maintenance to prevent further issues. Here are some common signs of wear or damage in planetary gearboxes:
1. Unusual Noise: Excessive noise, grinding, or whining sounds during operation can indicate worn or misaligned gear teeth. Unusual noise is often a clear indicator that something is wrong within the gearbox.
2. Increased Vibration: Excessive vibration or shaking during operation can result from misalignment, damaged bearings, or worn gears. Vibration can lead to further damage if not addressed promptly.
3. Gear Tooth Wear: Inspect gear teeth for signs of wear, pitting, or chipping. These issues can result from improper lubrication, overload, or other operational factors. Damaged gear teeth can affect the gearbox’s efficiency and performance.
4. Oil Leakage: Leakage of gearbox oil or lubricant can indicate a faulty seal or gasket. Oil leakage not only leads to reduced lubrication but can also cause environmental contamination and further damage to the gearbox components.
5. Temperature Increase: A significant rise in operating temperature can suggest increased friction due to wear or inadequate lubrication. Monitoring temperature changes can help identify potential issues early.
6. Reduced Efficiency: If you notice a decrease in performance, such as decreased torque output or inconsistent speed, it could indicate internal damage to the gearbox components.
7. Abnormal Gear Ratios: If the output speed or torque does not match the expected gear ratio, it could be due to gear wear, misalignment, or other issues affecting the gear engagement.
8. Frequent Maintenance Intervals: If you find that you need to service the gearbox more frequently than usual, it could be a sign that the gearbox is experiencing excessive wear or damage.
When to Service: If any of the above signs are observed, it’s important to address them promptly. Regular maintenance checks are also recommended to detect potential issues early and prevent more significant problems. Scheduled maintenance should include inspections, lubrication checks, and replacement of worn or damaged components.
It’s advisable to consult the gearbox manufacturer’s guidelines for recommended service intervals and practices. Regular maintenance can extend the lifespan of the planetary gearbox and ensure it continues to operate efficiently and reliably.
Examples of High Torque and Compact Design Applications for Planetary Gearboxes
Planetary gearboxes excel in applications where high torque output and a compact design are essential. Here are some scenarios where these characteristics are crucial:
- Automotive Transmissions: In modern vehicles, planetary gearboxes are used in automatic transmissions to efficiently transmit engine power to the wheels. The compact size of planetary gearboxes allows for integration within the limited space of a vehicle’s transmission housing.
- Robotics: Planetary gearboxes are utilized in robotic arms and joints, where compactness is essential to maintain the robot’s overall size while providing the necessary torque for precise and controlled movement.
- Conveyor Systems: Conveyor belts in industries like material handling and manufacturing often require high torque to move heavy loads. The compact design of planetary gearboxes allows them to be integrated into the conveyor system’s framework.
- Wind Turbines: Wind turbine applications demand high torque to convert low wind speeds into sufficient rotational force for power generation. The compact design of planetary gearboxes helps optimize space within the turbine’s nacelle.
- Construction Machinery: Heavy equipment used in construction, such as excavators and loaders, rely on planetary gearboxes to provide the necessary torque for digging and lifting operations without adding excessive weight to the machinery.
- Marine Propulsion: Planetary gearboxes play a crucial role in marine propulsion systems by efficiently transmitting high torque from the engine to the propeller shaft. The compact design is particularly important in the limited space of a ship’s engine room.
These examples highlight the significance of planetary gearboxes in applications where both high torque output and a compact footprint are vital considerations. Their ability to deliver efficient torque conversion within a small space makes them well-suited for a wide range of industries and machinery.
editor by CX 2023-10-08