Precision planetary gear reducer is a new-generation of product developed by our company, with a compromise of advanced technology both at home and abroad, its main features are as follows:
1. Low noise: under 65db.
2. Low backlash: within 3 arcmin.
3. High efficiency: 97% for 1 stage, 94% for 2 stages.
4. High input speed: Rated input speed 3000rpm, max input speed 6000 rpm.
5. High output torque: higher torque output than that of conventional planetary gear reducer.
6. High stability hardening,which extends gear service life and maintain high accuracy as new after a long period of operation.
Precicion planetary gear reducer is widely used in the following fields:
1. Aerospace industries.
2. Medical health, electronic information industries.
3. Industrial robots, productin automation, CNC machine tool manufacturing industries.
4. Motor,textile,printing,food,metallurgical,envrironment protection engineering, warehouse logistics industries.
About Xingda since 1984
HangZhou Melchizedek Import & Export Co., Ltd. is a leader manufactur in mechanism field and punching/stamp
ing field since 1984. Our main product, NMRV worm gear speed reducer and series helical gearbox, XDR,
XDF, XDK, XDShave reached the advanced technique index of the congeneric European and Janpanese produc
ts, We offer standard gears, sprockets, chains, pulleys, couplings, bushes and so on. We also can accept orders
of non-standard products, such as gears, shafts, punching parts ect, according to customers’ Drawings or sam-
Our company has complete set of equipment including CNC, lathes, milling machines, gear hobbing machine, g-
ear grinding machine, gear honing machine, gear shaping machine, worm grinder, grinding machines, drilling m-
achines, boringmachines, planer, drawing benches, punches, hydraulic presses, plate shearing machines and s-
o on. We have advanced testing equipments also.
Our company has established favorable cooperation relationships with sub-suppliers involving casting, raw mat-
erial, heat treatment, surface finishing and so on.
|Hardened Tooth Surface
|Planetary Gear Reducer
Concept of Coaxial and Parallel Shaft Arrangements in Planetary Gearboxes
Coaxial and parallel shaft arrangements refer to the orientation of the input and output shafts in a planetary gearbox:
- Coaxial Shaft Arrangement: In this arrangement, the input and output shafts are aligned along the same axis, with one shaft passing through the center of the other. This design results in a compact and space-efficient gearbox, making it suitable for applications with limited space. Coaxial planetary gearboxes are commonly used in scenarios where the gearbox needs to be integrated into a compact housing or enclosure.
- Parallel Shaft Arrangement: In a parallel shaft arrangement, the input and output shafts are positioned parallel to each other but not on the same axis. Instead, they are offset from each other. This configuration allows for greater flexibility in designing the layout of the gearbox and the surrounding machinery. Parallel shaft planetary gearboxes are often used in applications where the spatial arrangement requires the input and output shafts to be positioned in different locations.
The choice between a coaxial and parallel shaft arrangement depends on factors such as available space, mechanical requirements, and the desired layout of the overall system. Coaxial arrangements are advantageous when space is limited, while parallel arrangements offer more design flexibility for accommodating various spatial constraints.
Impact of Temperature Variations and Environmental Conditions on Planetary Gearbox Performance
The performance of planetary gearboxes can be significantly influenced by temperature variations and environmental conditions. Here’s how these factors impact their operation:
Temperature Variations: Extreme temperature fluctuations can affect the lubrication properties of the gearbox. Cold temperatures can cause the lubricant to thicken, leading to increased friction and reduced efficiency. On the other hand, high temperatures can cause the lubricant to thin out, potentially leading to insufficient lubrication and accelerated wear.
Environmental Contaminants: Planetary gearboxes used in outdoor or industrial environments can be exposed to contaminants such as dust, dirt, moisture, and chemicals. These contaminants can infiltrate the gearbox and degrade the quality of the lubricant. Additionally, abrasive particles can cause wear on gear surfaces, leading to decreased performance and potential damage.
Corrosion: Exposure to moisture, especially in humid or corrosive environments, can lead to corrosion of gearbox components. Corrosion weakens the structural integrity of gears and other components, which can ultimately result in premature failure.
Thermal Expansion: Temperature changes can cause materials to expand and contract. In gearboxes, this can lead to misalignment of gears and improper meshing, causing noise, vibration, and reduced efficiency. Proper consideration of thermal expansion is crucial in gearbox design.
Sealing and Ventilation: To mitigate the impact of temperature and environmental factors, planetary gearboxes need effective sealing to prevent contaminants from entering and to retain the lubricant. Proper ventilation is also essential to prevent pressure build-up inside the gearbox due to temperature changes.
Cooling Systems: In applications where temperature control is critical, cooling systems such as fans or heat exchangers can be incorporated to maintain optimal operating temperatures. This helps prevent overheating and ensures consistent gearbox performance.
Overall, temperature variations and environmental conditions can have a profound impact on the performance and lifespan of planetary gearboxes. Manufacturers and operators need to consider these factors during design, installation, and maintenance to ensure reliable and efficient operation.
Common Applications and Industries of Planetary Gearboxes
Planetary gearboxes are widely utilized across various industries and applications due to their unique design and performance characteristics. Some common applications and industries where planetary gearboxes are commonly used include:
- Automotive Industry: Planetary gearboxes are found in automatic transmissions, hybrid vehicle systems, and powertrains. They provide efficient torque conversion and variable gear ratios.
- Robotics: Planetary gearboxes are used in robotic joints and manipulators, providing compact and high-torque solutions for precise movement.
- Industrial Machinery: They are employed in conveyors, cranes, pumps, mixers, and various heavy-duty machinery where high torque and compact design are essential.
- Aerospace: Aerospace applications include aircraft actuation systems, landing gear mechanisms, and satellite deployment mechanisms.
- Material Handling: Planetary gearboxes are used in equipment like forklifts and pallet jacks to provide controlled movement and high lifting capabilities.
- Renewable Energy: Wind turbines use planetary gearboxes to convert low-speed, high-torque rotational motion of the blades into higher-speed rotational motion for power generation.
- Medical Devices: Planetary gearboxes find applications in medical imaging equipment, prosthetics, and surgical robots for precise and controlled motion.
- Mining and Construction: Planetary gearboxes are used in heavy equipment like excavators, loaders, and bulldozers to handle heavy loads and provide controlled movement.
- Marine Industry: They are employed in marine propulsion systems, winches, and steering mechanisms, benefiting from their compact design and high torque capabilities.
The versatility of planetary gearboxes makes them suitable for applications that require compact size, high torque density, and efficient power transmission. Their ability to handle varying torque loads, offer high gear ratios, and maintain consistent performance has led to their widespread adoption across numerous industries.
editor by CX 2023-09-14