The ND090 series planetary gearboxes are designed and machined as a single unit with special tapered roller bearings to provide high radial load, high torque, ultra-precision, and small size. The ND series uses in highly rigid industries such as fiber optic laser equipment, floor track equipment, robot seventh axis, Parallel robots (spider hand) machine tools, and rotating arms.
Product Name: High Precision Planetary Reducer
Product Series: ND090 Series
Product features: high torque, high load, ultra-precision, small size
Integrated design concept with high-strength bearings ensure the product itself is durable and efficient
Various output ideas such as shaft output, flange and gear are available.
1 arc minute ≤ backlash ≤ 3 arc minutes
Reduction ratios ranging from 3 to 100
Frame design: increases torque and optimizes power transmission
Optimised selection of oil seals: reduces friction and laminate transmission efficiency
Protection class IP65
Warranty: 2 years
|Segment number||Double segment|
|Rated output torque||Nm||120||120||150||130||120||150||130||95|
|Emergency stop torque||Nm||Three times of Maximum Output Torque|
|Rated input speed||Rpm||4000|
|Max input speed||Rpm||8000|
|Service life||hr||30000(15000 under continuous operation)|
|Mounting Position||All directions|
Packaging Machinery Mechanical Hand Textile Machinery
Non Standard automation Machine Tool Printing Equipment
|Application:||Motor, Machinery, Marine, Agricultural Machinery, CNC Machine|
|Function:||Change Drive Torque, Speed Changing, Speed Reduction|
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
Role of Planetary Gearboxes in Powertrain Systems of Electric and Hybrid Vehicles
Planetary gearboxes play a critical role in the powertrain systems of both electric and hybrid vehicles, contributing to their efficiency and performance:
Electric Motor Integration: In electric vehicles (EVs) and hybrid vehicles, planetary gearboxes are commonly used to connect the electric motor to the drivetrain. They enable torque and speed transformation, ensuring the motor’s output is suitable for the vehicle’s desired speed range and load conditions.
Torque Splitting in Hybrids: Hybrid vehicles often have both an internal combustion engine (ICE) and an electric motor. Planetary gearboxes enable torque splitting between the two power sources, optimizing their combined performance for various driving scenarios, such as electric-only mode, hybrid mode, and regenerative braking.
Regenerative Braking: Planetary gearboxes facilitate regenerative braking in electric and hybrid vehicles. They enable the electric motor to function as a generator, converting kinetic energy into electrical energy during deceleration. This energy can then be stored in the vehicle’s battery for later use.
Compact Design: Planetary gearboxes offer a compact design with a high power density, making them suitable for the limited space available in electric and hybrid vehicles. This compactness allows manufacturers to maximize interior space and accommodate battery packs, drivetrain components, and other systems.
Efficient Power Distribution: The unique arrangement of planetary gears allows for efficient power distribution and torque management. This is particularly important in electric and hybrid powertrains, where optimal power allocation between different components contributes to overall efficiency.
CVT Functionality: Some hybrid vehicles incorporate Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) functionality using planetary gearsets. This enables seamless and efficient transitions between various gear ratios, improving the driving experience and enhancing fuel efficiency.
Performance Modes: Planetary gearboxes facilitate the implementation of different performance modes in electric and hybrid vehicles. These modes, such as “Sport” or “Eco,” adjust the power distribution and gear ratios to optimize performance or energy efficiency based on the driver’s preferences.
Reduction Gear for Electric Motors: Electric motors often operate at high speeds and require reduction gearing to match the vehicle’s requirements. Planetary gearboxes provide the necessary gear reduction while maintaining efficiency and torque output.
Efficient Torque Transfer: Planetary gearboxes ensure efficient transfer of torque from the power source to the wheels, resulting in smooth acceleration and responsive performance in electric and hybrid vehicles.
Integration with Energy Storage: Planetary gearboxes contribute to the integration of energy storage systems, such as lithium-ion batteries, by efficiently connecting the power source to the drivetrain while managing power delivery and regeneration.
In summary, planetary gearboxes are integral components of the powertrain systems in electric and hybrid vehicles. They enable efficient power distribution, torque transformation, regenerative braking, and various driving modes, contributing to the overall performance, efficiency, and sustainability of these vehicles.
Signs of Wear or Damage in Planetary Gearboxes and Recommended Service
Planetary gearboxes, like any mechanical component, can exhibit signs of wear or damage over time. Recognizing these signs is crucial for timely maintenance to prevent further issues. Here are some common signs of wear or damage in planetary gearboxes:
1. Unusual Noise: Excessive noise, grinding, or whining sounds during operation can indicate worn or misaligned gear teeth. Unusual noise is often a clear indicator that something is wrong within the gearbox.
2. Increased Vibration: Excessive vibration or shaking during operation can result from misalignment, damaged bearings, or worn gears. Vibration can lead to further damage if not addressed promptly.
3. Gear Tooth Wear: Inspect gear teeth for signs of wear, pitting, or chipping. These issues can result from improper lubrication, overload, or other operational factors. Damaged gear teeth can affect the gearbox’s efficiency and performance.
4. Oil Leakage: Leakage of gearbox oil or lubricant can indicate a faulty seal or gasket. Oil leakage not only leads to reduced lubrication but can also cause environmental contamination and further damage to the gearbox components.
5. Temperature Increase: A significant rise in operating temperature can suggest increased friction due to wear or inadequate lubrication. Monitoring temperature changes can help identify potential issues early.
6. Reduced Efficiency: If you notice a decrease in performance, such as decreased torque output or inconsistent speed, it could indicate internal damage to the gearbox components.
7. Abnormal Gear Ratios: If the output speed or torque does not match the expected gear ratio, it could be due to gear wear, misalignment, or other issues affecting the gear engagement.
8. Frequent Maintenance Intervals: If you find that you need to service the gearbox more frequently than usual, it could be a sign that the gearbox is experiencing excessive wear or damage.
When to Service: If any of the above signs are observed, it’s important to address them promptly. Regular maintenance checks are also recommended to detect potential issues early and prevent more significant problems. Scheduled maintenance should include inspections, lubrication checks, and replacement of worn or damaged components.
It’s advisable to consult the gearbox manufacturer’s guidelines for recommended service intervals and practices. Regular maintenance can extend the lifespan of the planetary gearbox and ensure it continues to operate efficiently and reliably.
Common Applications and Industries of Planetary Gearboxes
Planetary gearboxes are widely utilized across various industries and applications due to their unique design and performance characteristics. Some common applications and industries where planetary gearboxes are commonly used include:
- Automotive Industry: Planetary gearboxes are found in automatic transmissions, hybrid vehicle systems, and powertrains. They provide efficient torque conversion and variable gear ratios.
- Robotics: Planetary gearboxes are used in robotic joints and manipulators, providing compact and high-torque solutions for precise movement.
- Industrial Machinery: They are employed in conveyors, cranes, pumps, mixers, and various heavy-duty machinery where high torque and compact design are essential.
- Aerospace: Aerospace applications include aircraft actuation systems, landing gear mechanisms, and satellite deployment mechanisms.
- Material Handling: Planetary gearboxes are used in equipment like forklifts and pallet jacks to provide controlled movement and high lifting capabilities.
- Renewable Energy: Wind turbines use planetary gearboxes to convert low-speed, high-torque rotational motion of the blades into higher-speed rotational motion for power generation.
- Medical Devices: Planetary gearboxes find applications in medical imaging equipment, prosthetics, and surgical robots for precise and controlled motion.
- Mining and Construction: Planetary gearboxes are used in heavy equipment like excavators, loaders, and bulldozers to handle heavy loads and provide controlled movement.
- Marine Industry: They are employed in marine propulsion systems, winches, and steering mechanisms, benefiting from their compact design and high torque capabilities.
The versatility of planetary gearboxes makes them suitable for applications that require compact size, high torque density, and efficient power transmission. Their ability to handle varying torque loads, offer high gear ratios, and maintain consistent performance has led to their widespread adoption across numerous industries.
editor by CX 2023-09-08