High Torque NGW Series Planetary Gearbox for Conveyor
NGW series gearboxes consist of single-stage(NGW11-NGW121),two-stage(NGW42-NGW122) and stree-stage(NGW73-NGW123).
NGW, NGW-L, NGW-S, NGW-QJ
NGW Planetary Gear Units is widely used in many areas such as metallurgy, mine, lifting, transportation, textile, cement, light industry, chemical, pharmaceutical, dye printing and so on.
(1) Small volume, light weight, well-knitted structure, big transmission power and high load capacity. Compared with the ordinary cylindrical gear reducers of the same level, its weight is lower 1/2 and volume is only 1/2-1/3 of the former.
(2) High transmission efficiency. 1-stage is up to 97%, 2-stage 94%, 3-stage 91%.
(3) The range of transmission power is very wide, from 1kw to 1300kw.
(4) NGW Planetary Gear Units is designed with hard-tooth-faced, and can be used widely and in long period.
(5) Big transmission ratio
Original Version NGW Series
Shafts Position: In Line
1 Stage: NGW11~NGW121 Ratio: 2.8~12.5
2 Stage: NGW42~NGW122 Ratio: 14~160
3 Stage: NGW73~NGW123 Ratio: 180~2000
New Design NGW Series
Shafts Position: In Line, Parallel Shaft
NAD(NAF) – 1 Stage, Foot Mounted(Flange Mounted), In Line
NAZD(NAZF) – 1 Stage, Foot Mounted(Flange Mounted), Parallel Shaft
NBD(NBF) – 2 Stage, Foot Mounted(Flange Mounted), In Line
NGW-S Series Planetary Gearboxes
Shafts Position: Right Angle
Gearset: Spiral Bevel Gear Pair Integrated With Planetary Gear Set
2 Stage: NGW-S42~NGW-S122 Ratio: 11.2~80
3 Stage: NGW-S73~NGW-S123 Ratio: 56~500
|Types||Sizes||Nominal Ratio||Input Shaft Dia.(m6)||Output Shaft Dia.(n6)|
Packaging & Shipping
After Sales Service
|Pre-sale services||1. Select equipment model.|
|2.Design and manufacture products according to clients’ special requirement.|
|3.Train technical personal for clients|
|Services during selling||1.Pre-check and accept products ahead of delivery.|
|2. Help clients to draft solving plans.|
|After-sale services||1.Assist clients to prepare for the first construction scheme.|
|2. Train the first-line operators.|
|3.Take initiative to eliminate the trouble rapidly.|
|4. Provide technical exchanging.|
1.Q:What kinds of gearbox can you produce for us?
A:Main products of our company: UDL series speed variator,RV series worm gear reducer, ATA series shaft mounted gearbox, X,B series gear reducer,
P series planetary gearbox and R, S, K, and F series helical-tooth reducer, more
than 1 hundred models and thousands of specifications
2.Q:Can you make as per custom drawing?
A: Yes, we offer customized service for customers.
3.Q:What is your terms of payment ?
A: 30% Advance payment by T/T after signing the contract.70% before delivery
4.Q:What is your MOQ?
A: 1 Set
If you have any demand for our products please feel free to contact me.
|Function:||Speed Changing, Speed Reduction|
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
Challenges in Achieving High Gear Ratios with Compactness in Planetary Gearboxes
Designing planetary gearboxes with high gear ratios while maintaining compactness presents several challenges:
- Space Constraints: As the gear ratio increases, the number of gear stages required also increases. This can lead to larger gearbox sizes, which may be challenging to accommodate in applications with limited space.
- Bearing Loads: Higher gear ratios often result in increased loads on the bearings and other components due to the redistribution of forces. This can impact the durability and lifespan of the gearbox.
- Efficiency: Each gear stage introduces losses due to friction and other factors. With multiple stages, the overall efficiency of the gearbox can decrease, affecting its energy efficiency.
- Complexity: Achieving high gear ratios can require complex gear arrangements and additional components, which can lead to increased manufacturing complexity and costs.
- Thermal Effects: Higher gear ratios can lead to greater heat generation due to increased friction and loads. Managing thermal effects becomes crucial to prevent overheating and component failure.
To address these challenges, gearbox designers use advanced materials, precise machining techniques, and innovative bearing arrangements to optimize the design for both compactness and performance. Computer simulations and modeling play a critical role in predicting the behavior of the gearbox under different operating conditions, helping to ensure reliability and efficiency.
Impact of Temperature Variations and Environmental Conditions on Planetary Gearbox Performance
The performance of planetary gearboxes can be significantly influenced by temperature variations and environmental conditions. Here’s how these factors impact their operation:
Temperature Variations: Extreme temperature fluctuations can affect the lubrication properties of the gearbox. Cold temperatures can cause the lubricant to thicken, leading to increased friction and reduced efficiency. On the other hand, high temperatures can cause the lubricant to thin out, potentially leading to insufficient lubrication and accelerated wear.
Environmental Contaminants: Planetary gearboxes used in outdoor or industrial environments can be exposed to contaminants such as dust, dirt, moisture, and chemicals. These contaminants can infiltrate the gearbox and degrade the quality of the lubricant. Additionally, abrasive particles can cause wear on gear surfaces, leading to decreased performance and potential damage.
Corrosion: Exposure to moisture, especially in humid or corrosive environments, can lead to corrosion of gearbox components. Corrosion weakens the structural integrity of gears and other components, which can ultimately result in premature failure.
Thermal Expansion: Temperature changes can cause materials to expand and contract. In gearboxes, this can lead to misalignment of gears and improper meshing, causing noise, vibration, and reduced efficiency. Proper consideration of thermal expansion is crucial in gearbox design.
Sealing and Ventilation: To mitigate the impact of temperature and environmental factors, planetary gearboxes need effective sealing to prevent contaminants from entering and to retain the lubricant. Proper ventilation is also essential to prevent pressure build-up inside the gearbox due to temperature changes.
Cooling Systems: In applications where temperature control is critical, cooling systems such as fans or heat exchangers can be incorporated to maintain optimal operating temperatures. This helps prevent overheating and ensures consistent gearbox performance.
Overall, temperature variations and environmental conditions can have a profound impact on the performance and lifespan of planetary gearboxes. Manufacturers and operators need to consider these factors during design, installation, and maintenance to ensure reliable and efficient operation.
Energy Efficiency of a Worm Gearbox: What to Expect
The energy efficiency of a worm gearbox is an important factor to consider when evaluating its performance. Here’s what you can expect in terms of energy efficiency:
- Typical Efficiency Range: Worm gearboxes are known for their compact size and high gear reduction capabilities, but they can exhibit lower energy efficiency compared to other types of gearboxes. The efficiency of a worm gearbox typically falls in the range of 50% to 90%, depending on various factors such as design, manufacturing quality, lubrication, and load conditions.
- Inherent Losses: Worm gearboxes inherently involve sliding contact between the worm and worm wheel. This sliding contact generates friction, leading to energy losses in the form of heat. The sliding action also contributes to lower efficiency when compared to gearboxes with rolling contact.
- Helical-Worm Design: Some manufacturers offer helical-worm gearbox designs that combine elements of helical and worm gearing. These designs aim to improve efficiency by incorporating helical gears in the reduction stage, which can lead to higher efficiency compared to traditional worm gearboxes.
- Lubrication: Proper lubrication plays a significant role in minimizing friction and improving energy efficiency. Using high-quality lubricants and ensuring the gearbox is adequately lubricated can help reduce losses due to friction.
- Application Considerations: While worm gearboxes might have lower energy efficiency compared to other types of gearboxes, they still offer advantages in terms of compactness, high torque transmission, and simplicity. Therefore, the decision to use a worm gearbox should consider the specific requirements of the application, including the trade-off between energy efficiency and other performance factors.
When selecting a worm gearbox, it’s essential to consider the trade-offs between energy efficiency, torque transmission, gearbox size, and the specific needs of the application. Regular maintenance, proper lubrication, and selecting a well-designed gearbox can contribute to achieving the best possible energy efficiency within the limitations of worm gearbox technology.
editor by CX 2023-09-05