Precision planetary gear reducer is a new-generation of product developed by our company, with a compromise of advanced technology both at home and abroad, its main features are as follows:
1. Low noise: under 65db.
2. Low backlash: within 3 arcmin.
3. High efficiency: 97% for 1 stage, 94% for 2 stages.
4. High input speed: Rated input speed 3000rpm, max input speed 6000 rpm.
5. High output torque: higher torque output than that of conventional planetary gear reducer.
6. High stability hardening,which extends gear service life and maintain high accuracy as new after a long period of operation.
Precicion planetary gear reducer is widely used in the following fields:
1. Aerospace industries.
2. Medical health, electronic information industries.
3. Industrial robots, productin automation, CNC machine tool manufacturing industries.
4. Motor,textile,printing,food,metallurgical,envrironment protection engineering, warehouse logistics industries.
About Xingda since 1984
HangZhou Melchizedek Import & Export Co., Ltd. is a leader manufactur in mechanism field and punching/stamp
ing field since 1984. Our main product, NMRV worm gear speed reducer and series helical gearbox, XDR,
XDF, XDK, XDShave reached the advanced technique index of the congeneric European and Janpanese produc
ts, We offer standard gears, sprockets, chains, pulleys, couplings, bushes and so on. We also can accept orders
of non-standard products, such as gears, shafts, punching parts ect, according to customers’ Drawings or sam-
Our company has complete set of equipment including CNC, lathes, milling machines, gear hobbing machine, g-
ear grinding machine, gear honing machine, gear shaping machine, worm grinder, grinding machines, drilling m-
achines, boringmachines, planer, drawing benches, punches, hydraulic presses, plate shearing machines and s-
o on. We have advanced testing equipments also.
Our company has established favorable cooperation relationships with sub-suppliers involving casting, raw mat-
erial, heat treatment, surface finishing and so on.
|Hardened Tooth Surface
|Planetary Gear Reducer
Role of Planetary Gearboxes in Powertrain Systems of Electric and Hybrid Vehicles
Planetary gearboxes play a critical role in the powertrain systems of both electric and hybrid vehicles, contributing to their efficiency and performance:
Electric Motor Integration: In electric vehicles (EVs) and hybrid vehicles, planetary gearboxes are commonly used to connect the electric motor to the drivetrain. They enable torque and speed transformation, ensuring the motor’s output is suitable for the vehicle’s desired speed range and load conditions.
Torque Splitting in Hybrids: Hybrid vehicles often have both an internal combustion engine (ICE) and an electric motor. Planetary gearboxes enable torque splitting between the two power sources, optimizing their combined performance for various driving scenarios, such as electric-only mode, hybrid mode, and regenerative braking.
Regenerative Braking: Planetary gearboxes facilitate regenerative braking in electric and hybrid vehicles. They enable the electric motor to function as a generator, converting kinetic energy into electrical energy during deceleration. This energy can then be stored in the vehicle’s battery for later use.
Compact Design: Planetary gearboxes offer a compact design with a high power density, making them suitable for the limited space available in electric and hybrid vehicles. This compactness allows manufacturers to maximize interior space and accommodate battery packs, drivetrain components, and other systems.
Efficient Power Distribution: The unique arrangement of planetary gears allows for efficient power distribution and torque management. This is particularly important in electric and hybrid powertrains, where optimal power allocation between different components contributes to overall efficiency.
CVT Functionality: Some hybrid vehicles incorporate Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) functionality using planetary gearsets. This enables seamless and efficient transitions between various gear ratios, improving the driving experience and enhancing fuel efficiency.
Performance Modes: Planetary gearboxes facilitate the implementation of different performance modes in electric and hybrid vehicles. These modes, such as “Sport” or “Eco,” adjust the power distribution and gear ratios to optimize performance or energy efficiency based on the driver’s preferences.
Reduction Gear for Electric Motors: Electric motors often operate at high speeds and require reduction gearing to match the vehicle’s requirements. Planetary gearboxes provide the necessary gear reduction while maintaining efficiency and torque output.
Efficient Torque Transfer: Planetary gearboxes ensure efficient transfer of torque from the power source to the wheels, resulting in smooth acceleration and responsive performance in electric and hybrid vehicles.
Integration with Energy Storage: Planetary gearboxes contribute to the integration of energy storage systems, such as lithium-ion batteries, by efficiently connecting the power source to the drivetrain while managing power delivery and regeneration.
In summary, planetary gearboxes are integral components of the powertrain systems in electric and hybrid vehicles. They enable efficient power distribution, torque transformation, regenerative braking, and various driving modes, contributing to the overall performance, efficiency, and sustainability of these vehicles.
Recent Advancements in Planetary Gearbox Technology
Advancements in planetary gearbox technology have led to improved performance, efficiency, and durability. Here are some notable developments:
High-Efficiency Gearing: Manufacturers are using advanced materials and precision manufacturing techniques to create gears with optimized tooth profiles. This reduces friction and enhances overall efficiency, resulting in higher power transmission with lower energy losses.
Enhanced Lubrication: Innovative lubrication systems and high-performance lubricants are being employed to ensure consistent and reliable lubrication even in extreme conditions. This helps to reduce wear and extend the lifespan of the gearbox.
Compact Designs: Engineers are focusing on designing more compact and lightweight planetary gearboxes without compromising their performance. This is particularly important for applications with limited space and weight constraints.
Integrated Sensors: Planetary gearboxes are now being equipped with sensors and monitoring systems that provide real-time data on temperature, vibration, and other operating parameters. This allows for predictive maintenance and early detection of potential issues.
Smart Gearboxes: Some modern planetary gearboxes are equipped with smart features such as remote monitoring, adaptive control, and data analysis. These features contribute to more efficient operation and better integration with automation systems.
Advanced Materials: The use of high-strength and wear-resistant materials, such as advanced alloys and composites, improves the durability and load-carrying capacity of planetary gearboxes. This is particularly beneficial for heavy-duty and high-torque applications.
Customization and Simulation: Advanced simulation and modeling tools enable engineers to design and optimize planetary gearboxes for specific applications. This customization helps achieve the desired performance and reliability levels.
Noise and Vibration Reduction: Innovations in gear design and manufacturing techniques have led to quieter and smoother-running planetary gearboxes, making them suitable for applications where noise and vibration are concerns.
Environmental Considerations: With growing environmental awareness, manufacturers are developing more eco-friendly lubricants and materials for planetary gearboxes, reducing their ecological footprint.
Overall, recent advancements in planetary gearbox technology are aimed at enhancing efficiency, durability, and versatility to meet the evolving demands of various industries and applications.
Design Principles and Functions of Planetary Gearboxes
Planetary gearboxes, also known as epicyclic gearboxes, are a type of gearbox that consists of one or more planet gears that revolve around a central sun gear, all contained within an outer ring gear. The design principles and functions of planetary gearboxes are based on this unique arrangement:
- Sun Gear: The sun gear is positioned at the center and is connected to the input shaft. It transmits power from the input source to the planetary gears.
- Planet Gears: Planet gears are small gears that rotate around the sun gear. They are typically mounted on a carrier, which is connected to the output shaft. The interaction between the planet gears and the sun gear creates both speed reduction and torque amplification.
- Ring Gear: The outer ring gear is stationary and surrounds the planet gears. The teeth of the planet gears mesh with the teeth of the ring gear. The ring gear serves as the housing for the planet gears and provides a fixed outer reference point.
- Function: Planetary gearboxes offer various gear reduction ratios by altering the arrangement of the input, output, and planet gears. Depending on the configuration, the sun gear, planet gears, or ring gear can serve as the input, output, or stationary element. This flexibility allows planetary gearboxes to achieve different torque and speed combinations.
- Gear Reduction: In a planetary gearbox, the planet gears rotate while also revolving around the sun gear. This double motion creates multiple gear meshing points, distributing the load and enhancing torque transmission. The output shaft, connected to the planet carrier, rotates at a lower speed and higher torque than the input shaft.
- Torque Amplification: Due to the multiple points of contact between the planet gears and the sun gear, planetary gearboxes can achieve torque amplification. The arrangement of gears allows for load sharing and distribution, leading to efficient torque transmission.
- Compact Size: The compact design of planetary gearboxes, achieved by stacking the gears concentrically, makes them suitable for applications where space is limited.
- Multiple Stages: Planetary gearboxes can be designed with multiple stages, where the output of one stage becomes the input of the next. This arrangement allows for high gear reduction ratios while maintaining a compact size.
- Controlled Motion: By controlling the arrangement of the gears and their rotation, planetary gearboxes can provide different motion outputs, including forward, reverse, and even variable speeds.
Overall, the design principles of planetary gearboxes allow them to provide efficient torque transmission, compact size, high gear reduction, and versatile motion control, making them well-suited for various applications in industries such as automotive, robotics, aerospace, and more.
editor by CX 2023-11-15